Music notation and scoring software for Windows
** This is Brand new, Retail Boxed and Unregistered **
Supplied Retail Boxed with CD Excellent Manual and Registration Card
Personal Composer provides an easy way to create or arrange your own music.
Produce High quality printed music Fast..... just by dragging and dropping notes onto a blank score,
or record directly from your own MIDI keyboard.
Hear the sound of each note as you select it. Manipulate and transpose
to allow for different instruments before playing your composition back. Add titles and lyrics and then print out your finished
"... a powerful music notation, sequencing and publishing program for Windows. Personal Composer combines ease of use
with stunning professional results"
You can write your own music, or you can start with music downloaded from the internet and then arrange it to suit. No
matter where your inspiration comes from, Personal Composer will help you produce great-looking sheet music with ease
||Easy Score set up|
|To start a score, use the create new layout to set up you basic score - or choose from your previously saved templates.
Then you can start creating your music. |
|Create a new layout
||Open a template|
||Easy to enter notes|
|Enter notes with the mouse, type notes on your computer keyboard, notate as you play from a MIDI keyboard or import a
MIDI file. |
||Easy to hear play back|
|Just click the play button and hear you music come to life - Pianos play as pianos, flutes as flutes, strings as strings
- personal composer understands and plays back all dynamics and articulation for full dramatic effect. |
||Easy to print and publish|
You Can Produce High quality printed music Fast and very easliy .....
by dragging and dropping notes onto a blank score, or record directly from your own MIDI keyboard.
Hear the sound of each
note as you select it. Manipulate and transpose to allow for different instruments before hearing your composition play
back. Add titles and lyrics and then print out your finished composition.
Personal Composer is a powerful music notation, scoring, MIDI sequencing, and publishing program
which very powerful and very easy to use.
Whether you are a composer, performer, arranger, educator,
or multimedia enthusiast, Personal Composer offers a composition environment which is so intuitive it frees you to concentrate
on your music!
- Notate as you play a MIDI instrument, with a program-supplied metronome.
- Play back follows dynamics and repeats and speed.
- Move notes and other symbols with the mouse
- Record one staff while playing back others.
- Type lyrics directly onto the score.
- Align lyric lines globally or syllable-by-syllable.
- Create and position titles, copyright notices and other text.
- Select and place chord symbols and/or fretboards easily.
- Transpose, rebeam and apply other changes to music with a single command.
- With Personal Composer you can now produce a score that look as attractive and well-formatted as a traditional engraved
- You no longer have to settle for pre-printed manuscript paper where all the staves are a fixed distance apart; the distance
between the staves of each system can be varied as needed so you no longer have to 'cram' your markings into the score.
- Traditional nuisances, such as drawing some of the more difficult symbols (i.e., treble clefs and quarter-rests), trying
to keep all the ledger lines parallel and equidistant, and trying to keep all beats vertically aligned within all the staves,
are now completely automated.
- Enjoy composing with notes that you can see and hear, and easily change.
- Use your mouse or MIDI keyboard to enter notes in real time or step time.
- Assure accurate notation by adding a wide variety of music annotations and ornaments.
Personal Composer 8 Stave Features List
- Imports Type
0 or Type 1 MIDI files.
- Exports Type 1 standard MIDI files.
- Copy a selected area and paste to a WP, DTP, or Graphics
- Opens files from previous versions of program.
- Use scroll mouse for scrolling.
View a score in page view.
- Enlarge/reduce a view between 33% and 2250% of normal working size.
- Use on-screen rulers
and non-printing guide lines to position score elements.
- View each window in any fashion desired (view, magnification,
- Cut, copy, and paste between windows.
- Move immediately to a specified page or measure.
- Number of scores
open at once: 2.
Toolbars and Palettes
- Status Line identifies objects
- Vanishing palettes for a "cleaner" look.
- Use a palette to select notes, accidentals, rests or articulations.
Documentation and Online Help
- Easy start-up instructions.
Comprehensive printed user manual.
- Comprehensive on-line documentation with direct links.
- On-screen messages identify
tools and their uses.
- Choose from pre-designed score templates, design your own.
Music Entry - Manual
- Select rhythmic values with the
computer keyboard or with the mouse.
- Enter pitches and position them with the mouse.
- Enter pitches and position
them with the computer keyboard.
- Select and position articulation markings, text, and dynamics.
Music Entry - Real Time
- Notate as you play a MIDI instrument,
with a program-supplied metronome.
- Set rhythmic values with the MIDI keyboard, computer keyboard or from a palette.
Record and play with a resolution of 1024 parts per quarter note.
- Record on one staff while playing back others.
Set split point for recording two parts.
- Preset note quantization.
- Preselect MIDI controllers to be hidden or filtered
- In Step Time mode, enter pitches one beat at a time using a MIDI instrument.
- Enter rhythmic values from a double-whole
note to a 128th note.
- Define up to four independent note streams of music (voices) per staff.
- Define up to four
timbres (channels and patches) per staff.
- Optionally enter as many notes in a measure as you wish, regardless of time
- Notate up to 8 staves per system
from ten standard staff sizes, or define a custom size.
- Set the number of lines in any staff from 1 to 15.
Clefs and signatures
- Choose from 15 clefs.
a new clef at the start or within any measure.
- Optionally hide a clef, time signature, or key signature.
courtesy clef at the end of previous line. Hide if desired.
Key & Time Signatures, Barlines
- Easily set up Key
and Time signatures.
- Use standard key signatures.
- Use a different key signature in each staff.
- Create complex
- Hide key and time signatures if desired.
- Ignore the key signature on percussion staves.
place double barlines before key changes.
- Easily place an end barline and trim empty measures.
- Restart measure numbers
any number of times.
- Hide a measure number.
- Create and position titles, copyright notices
and other text.
- Text on master page appears on all pages.
- Text macro can be placed on any page, to print on all
- Automatic page numbering.
- Stamp each page with file name, date and time.
- Place large blocks
of text with a built-in text editor.
- Cut, copy and paste text.
- Create and edit text blocks on any view.
font, size, style and alignment.
- Independently specify the alignment, position and font for any staff name.
style of all selected text by pressing B, I, U on keyboard.
- Change fonts globally for text blocks, staff names, group
names and lyrics.
- Up to four lines of lyrics.
- Type lyrics directly
onto the score.
- Automatically aligns lyrics with notes.
- Align lyric lines globally or syllable-by-syllable.
Mix fonts, sizes and styles as needed.
Chords and Guitar Notation
- Select and place chord names
and/or chord frames easily.
- Chord names can be user defined.
- Automatically transpose chord symbols with changes
- Use positioning guides to accurately place chord symbols.
- Guitar Tablature notation.
- TAB clef. Auto-adjusts
to staff height.
- Select any group of notes, including partial
measures, for editing.
- Insert, cut, copy, and delete music.
- Click and drag a single note horizontally or vertically.
Move selected groups of notes verically.
- Double-click almost any item for immediate access to its parameters.
any object or text anywhere on the page simply by dragging it.
- Transpose, rebeam and apply other changes to music.
Select and position articulation markings, text and dynamics.
- Apply articulations with automatic positioning and stem
- Respace notes and rests within measures.
- Adjust measure widths by moving barlines.
stem direction individually or throughout manuscript.
- Control stem direction individually or throughout manuscript.
Add graphic repeat signs and text repeat markings.
- Adjust the positions of beats in a measure.
- Adjust positions
of notes without moving the beats.
- Adjust ties, slurs, crescendos and diminuendos.
- Add rehearsal marks emphasized
- Easily place a repeat barline and a repeat ending for any selected region.
- Move all notes in a
selected region upward or downward using the arrow keys.
- Move notes from one "Voice" to another.
Beams, Stems & Note-heads
- Supports cross-staff notes
and beaming, beam width, rests within beam groups.
- Select standard oval notes or shaped notes.
- Control stem direction
of individual notes or selected groups of notes.
- Independently position note-heads and stems if desired.
a playback meaning to any graphic.
- Add Cue Notes - easily place cue notes on any staff.
- Automatic Barlines - Place
double-barlines automatically before all key changes.
- Change fonts globally for text blocks, staff names, group names
- Change the stem direction of all notes in a selected group.
- Change the sizes of note-heads of all the
notes in the selected region.
- Select any area and copy it as a WMF or BMP
- Create lines, ellipses, rectangles, perfect circles and squares.
- Control line thickness and fill for rectangles
- Dynamics, octave marks, repeats and tempo marks
- Play your score through a MIDI instrument, Sound Module, or Sound Card.
- On-screen mixer adjusts
tempo, volume of each staff, solo or mute staves.
- Play selected staves or an entire score, start and stop at will.
After playback, display returns to the starting measure.
- Scrolls music on-screen during playback in Page view.
playback sound of each staff.
- Easily assign a MIDI channel or patch, and solo/mute setting for each staff.
playback of interpretive marks, text and shapes.
- Play a score as notated or as recorded.
- Dynamics, octave marks, repeats and tempo
marks control playback.
- Place and edit individual MIDI events.
- MIDI controllers can be single events or transitions,
linear or nonlinear.
- Control the layout of individual staff systems
and page margins.
- Move lyrics, chords, expressions, titles, text blocks and other elements.
- Fit selected measures
into staff systems.
- Insert staff systems into your music while keeping the original systems intact.
- Insert staff
systems while reflowing measures across systems and pages.
- Easily set the distance between staves.
- Indent staff
systems and adjust systems horizontally or vertically.
- Simplify the conductor's score by hiding resting instruments.
- Print on virtually any Windows-compatible printer.
One-side or two-side printing.
- Collate pages.
- Print to a file that can be printed without Personal Composer.
486 or better
30MB free disk space
- To print you also need a printer supported by Windows
- To play back music, you also need a Multimedia sound card or MIDI interface and
a MIDI synthesizer.
- To record, you will need a MIDI interface or a multimedia sound card, and a MIDI instrument.
Personal Composer is supplied on CD ROM and with a printed manual.
Please note the printed output is totally dependent on the quality of your printer and
the sound quality during playback is totally dependent on the quality of your playback device.
Website Details : http://www.personalcomposer.co.uk